5/11/2008

Co Co Sala Chocolate Lounge

Co Co Sala

929 F St NW
(between N 10th St & N 9th St)
Washington, DC 20004
202 347 4265
www.cocosala.com


Five-Course chocolate dessert tasting menu.... do I really need to say any more? ... Yeah, I thought not, but I will tell you more anyway.

Their savory menu items are few, all tapa style, but they all sound delicious: There are 5 categories to choose from, three items in each. Unfortunately when I went the kitchen was closed so I didn't get to try any of them.

Their dessert menu is Unbelievable, I wouldn't even know where to begin making a choice. There are 5 categories of 5-course desserts. My two favorites


The Xocolatyl Aztec Experience
Co Co. Grown up Childhood Favorites
I took pictures of the menu for you to read yourself :) since they don't have it online yet. And if you don't feel like you can quite handle 5-courses of sweetness you can get each item individually.

Their cocktail list is also very exciting, I am usually a bourbon-whiskey/ginger-ale drinker and I was lured by one of their cocktails (very rare event) and I actually loved it, I'm getting it every time I go there: The Alisar - Grey Goose Le Citron, Diced Cucumber, & Fresh Lime Juice (and probably some simple syrup)

The interior has a very strong confectionery feel to it: sculpturally curved ceilings, marble floating fireplaces, moody up-lighting details throughout. It's a sexy ambiance, specially for DC. I wish they had tempered their excitement a little and not used to many shapes and materials, but it was still successful for achieving a definite mood.


Co Co Sala will be a great place for pretty much anything, breakfast (they are supposed to open at 7am), coffee, drinks, a date, dinner, dessert :) and with their very novel concept, accessible location, and cool vibe, I am sure it will be visited and loved by many. I, for one, will definitely be back.

From the review I posted on Yelp

No comments: