5/05/2008

Pizza Pizza

Pete's Apizza

1400 Irving Street NW
Washington, DC 20009
(202) 332-7383

http://www.petesapizza.com/


I just discovered that New Haven style pizza is my favorite kind of pizza, thin crispy crust, the perfect amount of sauce and cheese (I HATE overly sauced and cheesed pizzas), extremely flavorful organic ingredients.


What I had:

New Haven (White Clams, Garlic, Tuscan Olive Oil, Pecorino Romano, Oregano). Sooooooo good, I'm actually craving it right now, it had great flavor, great consistency, perfect crust.

Down-the-hill (Sliced meatball, house-made sausage, caramelized onion, fire roasted green pepper, wild mushrooms and kalamata olives). My second favorite, and this is considering the pizza was served to me very cold, the caramelized onions on it where heavenly, provided this great sweetness to the pizza which harmonized wonderfully with the sausage.



I liked their pizza so much that I am willing to return to the restaurant after having had to wait 1 Hour for 4 slices. And I really don't want to complain about the service, I know it was only their third day, and they probably will work all that out, but FYI, they still have A LOT of things to work out--Like taking 1 HOUR to bring me 4 slices of pizza, and not offering an explanation or a refund until I asked. Their computer systems had gone down but managers/owners where nervously gathered around the computers when they should have been talking to the many customers who had been waiting for way too long and offering an explanation AND a refund.

Like I said, I'm still going back, the Pizza was DELICIOUS

(from the Review I posted on Yelp)

Images from Pete's Apizza

No comments: