9/01/2009

Christian Siriano shoes are HERE!

I was sooo excited when I heard Christian Siriano was designing a capsule collection of shoes for Payless. I have liked many of their designer shoes, specially the Alice & Olivia booties and have always been extremely impressed with the quality of the collection shoes. Siriano showed a sneak peek of the collection during his February runway show, where he showcased the Egyptian-inspired prototypes. They looked unbelievably edgy, spikes, architectural heels, color, and more spikes. I have been counting down the days until September 8th (when they arrive in stores), but decided to go to my local Payless yesterday just to look around and to my great surprise they had ALL the Siriano shoes already there. They are gorgeous, not as edgy as the prototypes, but with a lot of presence and height (4" heels!!).

I bought almost all of them.... I really couldn't help myself - buy one and get the other half off!!

Here are my pictures:




Black Strut - My favorite one, looks so expensive, has a great heel, chains in the front and is incredibly comfortable (for a 4" heel). I think Siriano was brilliant in picking this material, it resembles a patent snake skin, is sturdy and does not look cheap at all.





Black Slither - Another gorgeous shoe, you will notice he used the same material throughout many of his designs, as well the the same heel and toe box - very smart. The lining of this boot is bright turquoise and has the same pattern as many of his other shoes. The collection looks cohesive and modern. This one is also a 4" heel, and has one big "spike" on the zipper, which is better than none.



Teal Slither - I love this bootie! The color is gorgeous and the art deco design - from the heel, the spike and the pattern - so perfect.



Brown Sandstrap - This one has a deep rich color, same material as the Strut, maybe not quite as versatile as that one, and not quite as edgy but still looks great. It also comes in black.

These two flats I didn't buy, the teal one was pretty in person and could be a great every day shoe, the brown one I didn't like, it looks so normal, it didn't look like it belonged in the collection. Although I probably would like it if it had spikes instead of that flower.



5 comments:

A said...

I love his collection! It's funny that the only pair you didn't buy was the only pair that I bought. I love the brown flats for that reason, simple and chic and is definitely everyday.

Anonymous said...

OMG, they are so pretty, wish I could buy them here too... I love the booties...

little fish said...

wow great blog!!! and I so love your shoes !!

Style Redux said...

Oh my gosh, I love them all. The teal slither bootie is incredible. I want it right this second.

Righteous (re)Style said...

the brown sandstrap was my favorite.