4/09/2008

April showers bring what?

One of my favorite bands, I've been a big big fan of them from the beginning and their new album Attack & Release, their first studio recorded album, produced by Brian Burton from Gnarls Barkley is my favorite CD so far this year, and will be a really hard one to top.

It's brilliant, everything about it is unforgettable, and I'm so proud of them for allowing this adventurous evolution to take place, for not being too proud, or too cool, or too indie to allow all of it in: the extra backround vocals, the pretty female voice, the second guitar, the flutes, the xylophone, the banjo, the synthesizer, the melodies, the chord changes and they do it so beautifully, and end up with texturised album that is full of surprises.


So, so so so so excited to see them LIVE.

The Black Keys
May 12th and 13th
9:30 Club




The Raconteurs - Jack White (The White Stripes) Brendan Senson Jack Lawrence (The Greenhornes and Blanche) Patrick Keeler (The GreenHornes). I loved their first album, Broken Boy Soldiers, and I can't wait to listen to the second one. I got tickets, but the show sold out in 10 minutes, I think it's worth every penny of the Craigslist mark-up.

The Raconteurs
May 27th and 28th
9:30 Club




No comments: