4/22/2008

Gap Design Editions

I went to Pentagon City Mall to see the Design collection for Gap (they're only available in stores in this area at Pentagon and Tysons). They had the collection at the front of the store in an area staged specially for it.





I really loved the Band of Outsiders Patchwork button down, it's like a boyfriend's button down, but this one actually fits your shoulders and it's extra long in the back so you could wear it as a dress in the Summer (my plan). All the small sizes were gone so I bought it online, but it looked really good in person, good quality, really good design.



I also really liked the Western Shirt by Michael Bastian, it looks much better in person than in pictures. The cutout dress by Three asFour also looked great, it has all these great little details, like the topstitching through the middle front and back of the dress that you can't really see in pictures. It's not really my type of dress, but it was adorable. Unfortunately I did not really love Phillip Lim's shirts :( the fit of them was not right on me, and although they did have pretty details, the design of them was a little too.... kakhi-pants-and-jcrew-flats for me. But I have dozens of items from him so I didn't feel like I cheated on him.

No comments: