9/13/2008

Magical Dreams

Our Architecture Expert sent me an email the other day titled "Thinking of You" in which he included a link to Yatzer (one of his favorite design websites) about Sabrina Bignami's guesthouse. He really must know me so well because when image 1 came up on my screen I gasped for air and died on my chair. This space satisfies every single particle of my design aesthetic - the drama, the glamour, the mix of old and new, the light, the scale - it is one of the most beautiful homes I have ever ever seen.

I am hoping so fervently that her guesthouse invitation "to architects artist or people loving old houses..." will still stand when I go to Florence and that she will let me stay there. I would be brain sick from excitement.

I didn't resize any of the images so you could see the splendor as captured by Nathalie Krug


The Kitchen. With THAT chandelier, and the modern counter mixed with a farm table and oversized mirror, I would cook in this room forever.


The Dining Area. My favorite tulip chairs by Sarineen - I love the contrast of the white modern furniture and lamps with the majestic frescoes and intricate floors.


Main Living Room. WOW. THE SCALE. THE CONTRAST. THE WALLS.


The Bedroom.


The Bathroom. Love the modern and sleek look of this Corian bathtub.


Another Bedroom. Absolute perfection


Dressing Room. Fell off my chair for the second time when I saw this room.



No comments: