9/12/2008

DSS

Oh the bi-annual shopping frenzy of the District Sample Sale, I can't live without it. This year my girlfriend and I bought VIP tickets (you get in 1 hour early) so the frenzy was mildly lessened, only mildly because it seemed like each shop's allotted space was even smaller than before, but of course that didn't really stop us from shopping.

Here are some pics I took of the crowd followed by some of my purchases of the night:


This gorgeous girl had the cutest outfit, unfortunately here you can't really see it: high-waisted skinny jeans and a tucked in blouse AND she was super tall. My girlfriend and I bought those two dresses she's holding.


These boys are always at the DSS enjoying cocktails and food.


Two shoppers by the Proper Topper area, I love the Anna Corinna bag on the left.


She's a stylist in the city and I loved the brightness of her outfit and her beautiful smile.


Hilary Rhoda, the current face of the St John campaign, and one of the hosts of DSS.

The goods (I spent under $200 on all 3!!):


I love this dress, specially the 80s-Madonna-like cups - from WOYT


Jersey dress by Corey Lynn Calter from WOYT


Silk-cashmere Diane Von Furstenberg cardigan, it's so soft and gorgeous, I'm going to be wearing it all Winter/Fall.

1 comment:

Righteous (re)Style said...

Hmmm . . . I've never really found anything interesting (or cheap) at DSS. But, I haven't gone the last 2 times. Maybe, like so much in DC, it is changing for the better. I LOVE the first dress! What will you wear it with?