4/14/2008

Vintage on U Street

Junction

(202) 483-0260
1510 U St Nw, #B, Washington, DC 20009



You can pretty much count me as a lifetime customer if I walk into your vintage clothing store and see 4 Saarinen Tulip-inspired chairs, I would be a lifetime customer if you had 1, so 4 of them certainly seals the deal. This is the first little vintage store I've been to in Washington DC that had an interior space design harmonious, balanced and quirky enough to be considered an actual boutique. Because to me, if a boutique specializes in stylish and one-of-a-kind offerings, it should have an interior to match, and Junction certainly does.









Their clothing collection consisted mostly of 60's and 70's inspired items with a small rack of children items, and some of them where a little bit overpriced, but I'm biased because I spend my weekends scouring flea markets in unspeakable suburban towns where everything is $1.50, otherwise I might have found is moderately priced. I bought two pieces, a cute little flower-collared cropped 70's jacket ($24) and a very big skirt with a lovely print ($5) that I will have my aunt cut up and create a masterpiece out of.




No comments: