4/28/2008

Napoleon Cafe

Napoleon Bistro & Lounge

1847 Columbia Rd NW
Washington, DC 20050
Neighborhood: Adams Morgan
(202) 299-9630


Let's not call this a French restaurant, because it pales in comparison to real French food - now let's move on and I'll review this as a .... Cafe.
If you've been to Cafe Bonaparte I think you know what to expect with Napoleon, the food won't be fantastic, the service won't be consistent, but somehow the atmosphere always manages to be cool. I had brunch there this past weekend, on the outdoor patio, and as expected, the food was ok, the service was dysfunctional, but the patio was great (see my pictures), although it could use some outdoor umbrellas, and don't sit on the cushion on your chair, it's uncomfortable, put it on your back, worlds different.



Here is what I eat when I go there:
The Waffle
The Normandy
Sparkling apple cider

So, in other words, you'll enjoy Napoleon if you take it for what it is. Passable brunch food, great outdoor seating, cool atmosphere, good coffee.

No comments: