4/30/2008

Patent Glass

Vogued out!!!'s comment on my Kalorama post re-sparked my currently dormant obsession for Marni shoes. I have always loved the eccentricity of them, their ability to transform the simplest outfit with their quality of eclectic statement pieces. Consuelo Castiglioni's designs have spawned many cruder replicas (Aldo, Nine West) which I refuse to buy, for the same reason that I won't buy anything copying Phillip Lim's rosettes, not so much that I'm against stores having clothes & shoes inspired by someone else's design but because I feel like I'm in a relationship with Consuelo & Phillip and I'm really greedy but I'm loyal so I either spend the $800, wait until someone else spends it :) or get them two seasons later on ebay for a fraction of the price. These are my current favorites.


Patent Leather Cosmos Wedge $685



Leather Perspex Glass Wood Chunky Heels on ebay $425


Patent Leather Cosmos Heel $695


6 comments:

Liz Lizo said...

I am trying very hard not to buy the aldo replica of the marni wooden heel. I really want the marni ones, but i cant seem to find them, it's a struggle for me not to buy the aldos, sad i'm not as loyal.

Nena said...

I've seen those Aldo ones, they're really cute, I would be very tempted as well!!

TPWP said...

I don't blame you...those Aldos are adorable

Liz Lizo said...

ok so I bought the aldos and I'm returning them, I think, I'll sleep on it. But do let me know if you come across the marni version in 7 or even 8, you are like my treasure shoe finder.

none said...

I randomly came across your blog when I image searched "Bomber jacket" on google.. Please post! I love your style. Nothing too outrageous. Absolutely wonderfulll :)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!