6/01/2008

Art

Nyood

1096 Queen St W
Toronto Canada

There are no spaces like this one in DC, not even a little bit close, it stopped me in my tracks the first time I walked by it. The pictures I took don't do it justice, you would have to reside inside the dramatic space yourself to know how it felt - exuberant, modern, palatial and somehow also familiar and comforting. The tapas-style food was outstanding, the most memorable an olive oil cured beef served rare and sliced thinly was so tender, it fell apart at the touch of my fork. Their drink menu features exotic teas and champagne cocktails, the latter have unfortunately spoiled me to ever be able to drink another lesser infusion anywhere else. With ingredients like fresh grapes, kumquats, fresh watermelon juice and bourbon drowned cherries to name a few, you can imagine why it would be hard to go back to the mediocre fruity drink.










No comments: