7/21/2008

Balanchine's dream




I found this old (2006) VF magazine sitting on my sofa, I have no idea how it got there, I don't even read Vanity Fair, there may be ghosts living with me, either that or the magazine has been invisible for 2 years and it just decided to show itself to my eyes today, I guess that would make the magazine a ghost too huh? Either way, inside the ghost there is this visually stunning feature about the St. Petersburg's Vaganova Ballet Academy (the best ballet school in the world) with these incredible images of the academy's dancers. I love the styling of the shots and the clothes are soooooo beautiful. Suddenly I want to start dressing just like them.



Evgenia Evgrashina in Azzedine Alaïa


Ekaterina Bondarenko in a Celine skirt and Max Mara leggings



Boris Zhurilov in Gianfranco Ferre and Darya Elmakova in Alexander McQueen


Marina Tkachenko in an Oscar de la Renta blouse and Derek Lam leggings


Christina Shapran in Rossella Tarabini for Anna Molinari dress and an Alberta Ferretti bolero.

Images scanned from Vanity Fair

1 comment:

Vain and Vapid said...

Wow, that Azzedine Alaïa tutu is so great.

Yes, the Cecilia dress sold out right away but I will make more :)