8/03/2008

Take me home

Oh the tragedy of the unalterable human foot. I found a treasure trove of shoes at the thrift store - they were all living together on the same shelf, right next to each other, owned by the same woman, and never worn before.

Diane Von Furstenberg
Stuart Weitzman
Andrew Geller
.

At least two decades old but brand new. I couldn't believe my eyes. AND they were all almost my size - 7 - I put them in my basket faster than my brain could process the information and I went home happy. That is until I actually tried them on and realized that a vintage size 7 is, well, a vintage size 7 and far from fitting my size 7.5 feet. They've been sitting at my house for weeks, I haven't wanted to let go of them. Until I convinced myself that it was selfish to perpetuate their captivity. So tomorrow tonight I'm putting them up for sale on ebay. I hope one of you can enjoy them as much as I wanted to... HERE is the link

No comments: