9/23/2008

Cold Shoulders

I found this gorgeous "morning cape" inside a coat closet at one of my favorite vintage furniture/decor stores in DC. It looked like it was 100 years old and I have no idea what it was doing in the coat closet, which also looked like it was 100 years old, maybe they both belonged to the same person - how sweet. I didn't buy it because it was very Edwardian, and long and heavy and a bit expensive, but it did give me the idea of getting a mini version of it and although I still haven't found something that looks like it I have found some other adorable little capelets.



Clockwise from top left: 60S vintage cape from Lullie Vintage, Custom hand-made lace shrug from Holly Stalder, White ruffle capelet, Vintage knit wrap pattern, Custom beaded fur capelet

1 comment:

Shae Acopian Detar said...

thanks for the love for my shop, doll. great blog!! (i LOVED that cape and had a bit of a hard time letting it go to sell it).

<3 <3 shae from lullie vintage
HTTP://WWW.EVERYTHINGSTYLE.COM