9/19/2008

Under Paris Skies

The Fashion of Goodwill Runway and Auction at the French Embassy took place last night and it was buckets of fun. There was an amazing array of items up for auction and a sale of all the clothes from the runway at Goodwill prices!!!! It was mayhem! My girlfriend and I managed to fight a few people off and took home a couple of adorable dresses.

More importantly than shopping, I learned about Goodwill's mission of providing education, training, and career services for people with disadvantages. It's so wonderful to hear how these services allow individuals to gain personal and financial independence as well as to build their confidence. Such a fun night for such a great cause!! Thanks Em!!

Here is the reprise of the evening via photographs I took (please excuse their quality, my photographer did not come with me so I had to fend for myself)

The Party:







Maria and Morgan



Such a lovely dress







The Auction Items:

Chanel Earrings


Vintage Brush Set


Christian LaCroix Book


Fur Coats


The Awards:




The Runway:


Dancers


Love the coat on the left, I stood in line behind the woman who purchased it. It looked like a million bucks on her.




The trench-coat on the left was adorable.


My favorite dress from the runway, I was one inch away from buying it.


Love the color and subtle shine.

3 comments:

DC Goodwill Fashionista said...

Amazing pics - and I'm SO glad you could join us last night! I think that beaded dress was the favorite of many people, and I remember the very day I plucked it off the racks of the Rockville, MD, Goodwill store. What fun! -the DCGF

Righteous (re)Style said...

I bought the dress and I totally don't have the body to rock it the same way. But, I am going to shorten it - I think that will do the trick.

Marissa said...

OH THAT DRESS! I was shocked and awed in the best of ways when that came out...

And, btw, your photog skills are pretty frickin' awesome. I hope you don't mind, I lifted the two of that damn wonderful dress for my post on the night. I gave you credit, of course, and remain hopeful that one day I'll be able to take the kinds of photos you think are low quality :)