10/06/2008

Broken Spikes

The Fashion Rocks Issue from a couple months ago was saturated with delicious darkness - and fittingly, the name of the spread I scanned below is titled Heart of Darkness. Shot, also very fittingly, by the king of depressingly wonderful images, Steven Klein.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about look two on page two - it's so perfect - the vampire pale skin, the black hair, the evil bangs, that perfect Luella dress, the goth Burberry Prorsum necklace, I want the whole thing. I think subconsciously for the last couple months since I saw it all my purchases have been geared to make me look like that....





My anomalous shopping trend mentioned above was propelled further when I saw the Fall 2008 Lookbook from Topshop. In typical Topshop fashion, none of the items I really loved were available in my size, or at all, so I have been forced to scour more internets in search of lace, destruction, leather, spikes, and any vampire-like object.



This is my compilation thus far, aren't those Topshop Unique boots absolute perfection GRRRR they're sold out!!! The item on the bottom right is a corset bag!! Genius!


Clockwise from top left: Lace corset dress, Silver spike necklace, skirt, spiked bracelet, lace-up corset , shoulder corset bag, vest, ripped jeans, tuxedo jacket.

1 comment:

Righteous (re)Style said...

I loved that spread in "Fashion Rocks" as well! Lucky Mag (in a recent jewelry article) had a bunch of spiky jewelry - did you see that issue?