1/27/2009

Lemon Flowers


My lemon tree is blooming again - it's magical.
The flowers saturate the warm air with an incredibly sweet aroma, the citrus scent permeates and monopolizes the space, it transforms it from upstairs loft to exotic Mediterranean forest. The flowers are delicately beautiful and immaculately white. I spend a lot of time sitting on the floor cooing sweetly to it and gently shaking the flowers to coerce the pollen to fall down the style and pollinate the ovule. Yes, I am a little obsessed with my plant and accordingly I decided it would be a great idea to put together Spring outfits inspired by its beautiful colors.


So many little buds, I'm excitedly waiting for them to bloom


The first two flowers

Looks from the 3.1 Phillip Lim Resort Collection reminiscent of the colors of the flowers.




My lemon flower outfit.


Handkerchief Dress - Phillip Lim, Green bag - Comme de Garcons, Ostrich stamped Belt- Phillip Lim, Flower Shoes Phillip Lim, Necklace Marni

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! The fact that you have a lemon tree and then all the yellow sunshine happiness brightened up my day!

TPWP said...

You're so sweet, that's exactly how I feel whenever I see the sunlight tree :) I'm glad I could share the feeling.

silverdot said...

Gorgeous color palette. I love the pale yellows and grays. Lovely post. I like your lemon tree. :)

Anonymous said...

K, I luv your blog! Just wanted to tell you that I've figured out what your niche is...shoes! Yes, of course you're fashionable all around and have a killer bod, but your shoes are really always to die for; just above and beyond great. I've tried in vain to find most of them. You should start a shoe blog, or at least do the world a favor and become a fashion editor, buyer or stylist. K, just wanted 2 share!

TPWP said...

Anon- Thanks for the adorable comment, I was actually looking at all the shoes in my closet the other day and thinking they would make a great post. A shoe blog would be sooo much fun!