1/15/2009

Tight-Laced Corsetry



Clockwise from top left- Lace mini F21, Bebe bandage dress, Hervé Léger color-block dress, Lace Tube Dress F21, Corset dress F21, Hervé Léger white bandage dress.

I have had an uncharacteristic love affair with body-con dresses lately, they seem so empowering and easy to wear - easy because accessories and embellishments are not necessary with them. I found a couple of extremely well priced lace dresses (middle) and a deep blue corseted one (bottom left) that also looks promising - but I always keep going back to Herve Leger - It's unfortunate that Herve Leroux no longer designs for Hervé Léger, he hasn't for over a decade and if you've ever seen a dress from one of his 1990's collections you will notice a drastic difference in quality from the Hervé Léger dresses of today designed by Max Azria. Nevertheless, I still like some of the recent designs of the fashion house - I like that they mantain the same sensuality and simplicity. One of my favorite ones is the white reptilian dress on the bottom left, it reminds me of a super hero, one that just stands there and looks pretty and doesn't have to run :)

3 comments:

Liz Lizo said...

oh my I tried to get over the whole 'herve will not be made in france' thing and bought a couple of 'china herve's ' as my friend would refer to them and they are just as sensual. the black lace dress is alluring.

Dulce Alma said...

Lovely,what killer dresses <3
Not much to change, but, Id do
some serious Gym time to wear the
white dress you pointed out.
Very lovely <3

kevinbarone said...

OMG The white one is crazy sexy! I must find that for my girl!