7/11/2009

Treasury opens Today

It has been so exciting watching Listopad evolve into Treasury. The culmination of this was last night, when I stopped by to see the brick and mortar version that everyone was eagerly anticipating and Katerina and Cathy had worked so hard on. The store is lovely, filled with thoughtful arrangements, inviting seating areas and beautiful flowers. It's the kind of little shop I'd like to spend my afternoons in, drinking tea, chatting with Rachel and Holly. I had such a fun time looking through the vintage clothes, adorable little jumpers, romantic lace dresses, colorful prints - everyone I talked to had found a favorite, none of us could leave without it. I bought a dark turquoise cropped jacket and a long gold necklace, but I will be back for more.... specially if they have some more delicious cookies for me to eat ;)

Treasury
1843 14th St. NW, WASHINGTON DC 20009
Thursdays 5pm-9pm
Fridays 12pm-8pm
Saturdays 12pm-8pm
Sunday 12pm-6pm

The colorful vintage party crowd.


One of the many gorgeous little arrangements.


Holly Thomas looking at a cute pink bag.


Sparkling water with mint leaves in a vintage bottle. Brilliant and refreshing.


Rafia bag collection.


Vintage bow ties and sunglasses.


Ian Svenonius spinning vintage rock and roll on vinyl.


Earrings, necklaces and the like.


Cathy and Katerina.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Lovely post and photos! It was so nice to finally meet you -- hope we can bump into each other again soon!

Style Redux said...

I'll have to visit Treasury sometime in the next few days. I have yet to find a vintage store in D.C. that's awesome enough to shop at! So hopefully this one will be it.

Cath said...

This post makes our hearts flutter, Carla. Thanks so much! Cathy

Righteous (re)Style said...

I love your photos - hope you don't mind if I link to them from my blog. I went on Saturday and took some pix too, but a) your camera is WAY better - what do you use?, I need a new one, and b) the night shots are super cool!

I am also quite excited about having another vintage store within walking distance. whoopee!

TPWP said...

Maria - You're welcome to link/use any of my pictures. These were taken with a Nikon D40 (the only one light enough to travel to parties!)