8/14/2009

I can see your house from here

One of my favorite reasons to travel to California is the drastic variance in scenery within short distances - the rocky coast, the calm ocean, the dessert, the valley. In just a few short days I was able to see them all. Here is Napa Valley:















I didn't have the chance to go to French Laundry while in Napa, but luckily another one of Thomas Keller's restaurants, Ad Hoc, was near by. It is an incredible little place with immaculate service, perfect uncomplicated seasonal food, served family style and changed daily. Some of the vegetables from the Little Gem Lettuce Salad came from the French Laundry garden and tasted as fresh and summery as they look. I also had Louisiana-style barbecue, Cowgirl creamery cheeses, and peaches with ice cream. Everything was amazing, I can't wait to go back.







No comments: