8/08/2009

Remember when you left me on the side of the road?

The prints from Hussein Chalayan's "speed of life" collection for Spring 2009 were some of my favorite to go down the runway last year, especially when I learned they were hand-painted prints of car crash imagery. I loved the duality of the destruction, the tragedy, the beauty and the consequent irony of their marriage. Perfect for these trying times.

The fabrics are even more beautiful in person - full of details like door handles, mirrors and chrome. This dress is so easy to wear and perfect for layering - in these pictures I left it by itself so you could see the print and paired it with these impossibly comfortable Louboutin Hyper Prive pumps.









1 comment:

Style Redux said...

I love absolutely everything about this ensemble. The colors are refreshing and stunning.