9/01/2009

Papiers Peints

I love the gorgeous intricate wallpaper from De Gournay, I had the pleasure of visiting their showroom in NYC recently and was amazed by all their hand-painted samples. I would love love love to see some of these designs on fabric, they would make incredible gowns.

Here are some of my favorite De Gournay rooms plus the pictures I took of the hand-painted details.


Temple Newsam Chinoiserie on custom yellow painted silk. The combination of bright yellow and turquoise couldn't be any more perfect.


Badminton on Celadon dyed silk.


Windswep blossom design on sterling silver gilded paper.


Portobello design on gold gilded silk.


Custom Askew on blue grey dyed silk.


Askew in custom green Williamsburg. Such a perfect shade of green!


This was my favorite sample - Bamboo river blossom on gold gilded paper. The mix of pretty cherry blossom flowers with the light blue wash and the gold underneath was stunning. The mix of all the different textures gave this one an amazing three-dimensional quality.


Another Japanese blossom tree.


One of the many intricate birds on the samples.


Another mix of subtle colors with many birds.


Plum blossom on silver silk twill. I loved the raspberry watercolors on this one, it was so dainty and bright.

No comments: