9/15/2009

Spring 2010 continued

Some of my favorite Spring 2010 collections so far:


Derek Lam and Twinkle by Wenlan

I'm a big fan of Twinkle by Wenlan this season.  Her clothes are so effortlessly light and happy, I LOVE the coral lipstick on the models.  The entire aesthetic from the mermaid hair to the watercolor prints speak of perfect, breezy Spring days, she captured them so so well.


Derek Lam and Twinkle by Wenlan

Derek Lam's patriotic collection is so perfectly charming.  His colorful, lady-like, but youthfull dresses are so chic yet simple.  His stars and stripes throughout are lovely as well.  He had so much color without being overwhelming and managed to include so many Spring-time details- great prints, great sequins, great silhouettes and yet it all seemed so cohesive.


Cynthia Steffe and Yigal Azrouel

I love easy clothes for Spring and Yigal Azrouël’s well-known fluid draping looks so appealing when the weather gets warm.  He had some gorgeous and subtly feminine gowns that I adored.  Cynthia Steffe also had some light, draped clothes, my favorite was this off-the-shoulder t-shirt paired with a metallic tassel skirt.




Marc Jacobs' show was, as expected, full of surprises and very reminiscent of the pulcinella ballet with some geisha touches.  Extremely avant-garde, though I'm unsure about some of the silhouettes and proportions of the suits, as always there are a couple outstanding designs among the madness.  One of my very favorite is this incredible dress, the lines created with the dark piping  against the while tulle are magical.  The dress looks like a pencil drawing come to life.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That in the marc jacob collection is amazine

check out my blog

ebbiemag.blogspot.com

Liya said...

that last picture is crazyness
love it when designers think outside the box

myglitteringcreation.blogspot.com

Lori said...

I loved derek lam and marc jacobs was amazing as usual

Style Redux said...

The Marc Jacobs pic you chose was my favorite part of the collection. So delicate and beautiful.

Dylana Suarez said...

Twinkle by Wenlan is amazing! Her looks always invoke a fairytale! Great post!

colormenana.blogspot.com

LACY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isaure. said...

The red dress is perfect

Like your article ;)

xox

check out my blog

Liz Lizo said...

Freja! I love her... Derek Lam was amazing, every single piece was divine.