2/13/2010

NY Fashion Week Fall 2010 - Trends - Layering

I've noticed an early trend on the first few days of fashion week this year.  It happens to be one of my favorite ways of dressing in the Fall and something I have been doing very often - Heavy Layering.  Some of my favorite examples were at Rag & Bone and Richard Chai.  The former has an urban equestrian feel, layering plaid skirts, heavy sweaters, big jackets all over leather leggings paired with military boots.  Chai's layering has a sportier, sleeker look - light cashmere sweaters and wool pants under sequin vests and simple jackets paired with tan chukka boots.  This trend is one of my favorites because it doesn't require new purchases, just "re-shopping" your closet and putting together items you already have to look completely different.  I'm sure we'll see more of it as the week goes on.
 

Rag & Bone

 


Richard Chai Love



Charlotte Ronson, Ports 1961, Richard Chai

No comments: