6/06/2010

Beauty and Inspirations by Nataly

As we promised a few weeks ago, we have a very exciting collaboration to bring you beauty and make-up posts with one of our favorite make-up artists in the area - Nataly Hall.  We will start with her inspirations and tips from the Fashion District fashion show we helped style and she did make-up for.

Let us know if there are any beauty tips you'd like to know more about. Here are Nataly's thoughts plus our pictures and her tips we put together in different categories.  Enjoy!

____________________________________


Hi “Pretty” people,
I’ve always wanted to blog about makeup, so when the chance came around, I was so glad that Carla of “The President Wears Prada” agreed to this collaboration. I had a wonderful time at the fashion show presented by ReadysetDC’s Fashion District. The night was filled with beautiful, hip, trendy, creative and fashionable people. I was paying attention to the fashion without a doubt, but being a make-up artist, I was also checking out faces, makeup and trends as well. The show was put on by a collaborative effort by everyone involved and I was so glad that I had the chance to work with such great people.

Now you want to know my inspirations for the Treasury fashion show presentation, well that is easy and simple…COLOR!!!! Make-up cues from spring 2010 fashion shows in NY and Paris from various collections (Anna Sui, Dolce and Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, Chanel and others) also motivated the techniques I used on the models for the Treasury show:














I am excited by all the upcoming makeup trends for spring. Expect a minimalist approach to makeup, bright lips (reds, oranges, pinks and fuchsias), intense eyes, strong brows, romanticism, grunge, and neon colors. This season is the most diverse I have seen in makeup for quite sometime. So look fab this spring season and try of few of these fresh looks.

Thanks for reading and check out my future posts: Beauty looks for less, experimenting with color, current trends in the world of beauty, DIYs and much more. I will also leave you with this last thought, don’t follow trends, create your own! Be different; show your creativity whether it’s through makeup, fashion, art, photography, etc. That’s how many have become so famous and known for their style or lifestyle. “Be who? Be you!”

And on that note, until next blog post…
Nataly

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the make-up. Great tips!!

Sallie said...

Love all the coral colors. Would like to get some tips on summer makeup tips. Whenever I try new colors during the warmer months I end up looking harsh and oily. Thanx!!!

Nataly said...

@ Sallie...you can email me @ info@coloryoupretty.com and I can give you more detailed tips. Thanks

Nataly said...

You can also follow me www.twitter.com/coloryoupretty