7/20/2010

Linen & Cotton

I have a favorite Summer dress and despite the hundred other dresses in my closet that's the one I always turn to on hot, humid days.  It's light, sexy, amazingly comfortable and unique.  It's designed by Julie from Vain and Vapid, one of my favorite blogs and also one of my favorite designers.  Her Summer Lookbook was filled with beautiful clothes that encompassed so much of what I want in clothes for this Summer - linens, asymmetric hems, sheer fabrics, light prints.  Julie makes all the items herself - her clothes are beutifully made and sell out very quickly.  So I was extremely happy that my favorite dress from the collection, the Ursa Major dress, was available in my size.  She emailed me that she just finished making it and it's on its way to DC... I can't wait to get it.  The combination of white linen, sheer panels, a mandarin collar and a plunging neck line are the perfect mix of sophisticated, sexy and cute.  Make sure you join her mailing list to keep updated on her latest collections and shop updates.  



Ursa Major Dress


Darcy Skirt in Ikat Chambray


Leo Dress


Pavo Dress

No comments: