5/22/2008

Socially Awkward

Did you grow up trying to tame your uncontrollable book-reading habit? Did you have a carefully curated stamp collection? Did you match the color of your outfit to the color of the rubber bands on your braces? Did you develop lesson plans (complete with transparency sheets) for your imaginary math class? ummmm... yeah.... neither did I ...
not
true

I might look cool, but I'm a hard-core nerd, my brother, who I always thought was a nerd, said I'm the nerdiest person he's ever met, and he says it while laughing, like he thinks I'm a loser and he can't believe the things I used to do. Screw him!! :)

Well lucky for me that dorkiness is now cool, and very inspiring:


I have lots of suspenders laying around, excited to play around with this look.
top 3.1 Phillip Lim, skirt Karen Walker, vintage glasses, suspenders Chanel
Scanned from Nylon Magazine June/July 2008 (yeah, I scanned it, yeah I know.. I am.. I am)





Both images above from the Luella Bartley 2008 Spring Collection

No comments: