7/28/2008

Science of Sleep

I noticed on the 2009 Spring Runway a type of menswear that looked very familiar to me - pajamas - and not because I sleep in them (cos I don't) but because of Wes Anderson's latest movie, Darjeeling Limited. Marc Jacobs styled the three main characters, the Whitman brothers, using pale pastel colors, creamy earth-tones, and grays - to design marvelous pajamas that borrow directly from Anderson's personal garb (pajama tops, linen suits and scarves). I found this outfitting incredibly intriguing and put a yellow tag on it in the back of my mind.





I saw this loungewear experiment executed again by one of my favorite artists, and one of the most creative men alive - Julian Schnabel. His approach was a little grungier, but suddenly he started adding cashmere and suit jacket layers to his pajamas and the look started to develop a bit of sophistication - and by the way, the pajamas are designed by his wife - extra points!




These are my favorite loungewear-inspired runway looks.


Dolce & Gabanna Spring 2008
I love how the slim profile of these clothes makes the look modern and sophisticated.


Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton Spring 2009 and Emporio Armani Spring 2009.

I am very excited for someone to execute this look to my ideal proportions - a pastel-colored pajama top, dark slim jeans, a cardigan sweater, a scarf, and a pair of Jamie Hayon for Camper shoes.... so cool.

No comments: