6/22/2009

GAP Design Editions

I stopped by the GAP this weekend to see their Design Editions - A limited collection that this time around is inspired by the classic Gap khaki designed by Alexander Wang, Vena Cava, and Albertus Swanepoel. The Vena Cava dresses where cute, I specially liked the zip dress with a tribal design on the bottom. Swanepoel designed hats - I was looking forward to his fedora with a feather trim. But I didn't really love it, the feathers didn't translate that well to the final product.




My favorite item from the collection by far was Alexander Wang's khahi motorcycle jacket, which seems to be sold out online with only a few remaining at the store (luckily they had my size). The jacket was incredibly true to Wang's design aesthetic -edgy, modern, one-of-a-kind. It's also constructed extremely well, and is weighted enough to be used in cooler months.



He also designed a double breasted jacket, the proportions look more interesting in person than online, I also liked the zipper pockets. I tried on his pleated shorts and wasn't a big fan of the proportions. His high-waist kakhis looked promising on the rack, but I wish they had been slouchier, or skinnier. I didn't love the middle-of-the-road proportion to the legs. But they're almost sold out online, so I guess everyone else loved them!

3 comments:

Maria from Righteous (re)Style said...

I love that jacket!! Too bad I just started my "buy nothing new" experiment. Hmm - maybe you can buy and then wear a few times and then sell it to me!! That would count as secondhand, right?

TPWP said...

HA HA HA! That's a great idea Maria! maybe we can just trade clothes like that back and forth, it'll double our closets without any purchases :)

Righteous (re)Style said...

I love that! That is totally what my girlfriends and I did in high school. reduce, reuse!