1/27/2010

Wednesday Picks - Silk Road


I was so excited when Cathy brought over this vintage coat for our latest "Wednesday Picks" feature.  I immediately wanted to pair it with a hat... or in this case a vintage 60s "turban."  I had fallen in love with it earlier at her store, it captured the nostalgic 1920s glamour I remember feeling when looking through my grandfather's books  - and alas I had found one that fit me perfectly.  I combined these vintage items with a scoop neck dress with metallic "wings" by Love Brigade and a gorgeous necklace by AK Vintage with interconnected vintage brass hexagons that Lori from Redeem pointed out to me.  I loved the bohemian feel of this outfit and the juxtaposition of different eras of fashion mixed with a modern simple dress.  All items pictured are available at Treasury and Redeem

Here are some of our pictures: 





Vintage French Fur Coat - $275 @ Treasury
Vintage English Riding Boots - $175 @ Treasury
1960s Turban - sorry Cathy gave this to me for Xmas :)
Gold Shadow Dress by Love Brigade - $135 @ Redeem
“Energy as Matter” Necklace by AK Vintage - $75 @ Redeem