2/21/2010

Bows and Stripes from Sonia Rykial for H&M - First Look

I walked over to the H&M near my apartment to see the Sonia Rykiel Collection yesterday morning.  I was amazed at the frantic young women disrobing in the middle of the store desperate to try on as many items of clothing as possible.  I managed to browse through the highly publicized collection in a calm private corner thanks to a lovely manager.  I was very satisfied with the quality and execution of the clothes which I had only previously seen through their windows .  The signature oversized sweater dress was nicely made and true to the colorful nature seen in ads - it is truly oversized which will make for interesting layering or synching, but either way I suggest you buy the smallest size possible.  The striped cardigan with pink bows was another favorite of mine - it had the perfect weight for Spring and had lovely knit patterns on the sleeves.

I decided to forgo the fitting room and bought a few different sizes of the items I liked.  I will be listing the ones I don't keep on ebay for those of you who weren't able to get to a "select" H&M store.  You can find them HERE.

These are some of the pictures of my favorite item:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi hi! that sweater looked lovely on you this evening!- Jess

District Cut said...

what an amazing sweater.