6/29/2008

pretty things

Crafty Bastards Arts & Crafts Fair

June 28th 2008 10am-5pm
8230 Georgia Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20910


Remember my jewelry obsession I told you about a few posts ago? No better place to satisfy it than a crafts fair don't you think? If you missed it, don't be upset, there will be another one in DC on September 28th. It was scorching hot, and I erroneously thought the fair was going to be inside, not on a gravel surface so I wore platform shoes!! How do I keep doing this?! Despite my wardrobe unsuitability I was able to see all the vendors, making sure I stayed in the shade as much as possible, trust me when I say it was hot, I'm South American, I don't get hot, and I was HOT. Never stopped me from shopping though :)

These were some of my favorite shops + the items I bought.

Loyalty & Blood - Jewelry and Tees from Brooklyn, NY



Their brass charm necklace assortments


My ice cream cone purchase

The Broken Plate Pendant Company

One-of-a-kind rings and pendants


My plate ring

Figs & Finger - Adorable tiny pendants and earrings from recycled silver




















My little stud (I also got the version with bunnies)


Mean Cards for Many Occasions



My V-day card :)

Underneath my Tree - Drawings by Jason Sposa
My favorite shop at the fair. The sweetest, most tender moments and feelings captured in a drawing, I felt teary-eyed just reading them. They remind me of the happy moments in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I didn't actually buy any of his drawings, because I genuinely couldn't just pick one, or two or three, I wanted every single one... So I'll make up my mind on his website.






















6 comments:

Public Privacy said...

I cant believe i missed this event. It was also was my birthday this day, what better gift could i give myself other than some crafty jewelery?!?!

TPWP said...

You can still give yourself a super-belated bday gift at the fair when it comes to DC in September ;)

Public Privacy said...

Ok Thank! Will you please keep me posted on when it will be held in DC!?!?!?!

Fashion Is Poison said...

such pretty jewelry

TPWP said...

The fair in DC will be on September 28th. Ebony- it was so nice to see you the other day, you looked adorable, I wish I had my camera with me !!! Hope to run into you again

Public Privacy said...

Oh ok thanks sooooo much!!! Most likely you will run into me because I'm always at Urban Outfitters!!! That my Favorite store and I can tell you like it also.