8/25/2008

Ancient Crafts

I thought I would show you one of my favorite Collections for Fall 2008 which, fittingly for TPWP, comes from Miuccia Prada. The collection is saturated with mystery, heavy momentous lace garments that inexplicably refrain from sexiness or prettiness - and were instead menacing and mischievously erotic.

I attempted to capture my favorite moments from the runway and the collection in this collage.



I have also been collecting in my head all these beautiful unexpected items that are made of lace like the Marcel Wanders Crochet Chair and this Moulin Lace Lamp (which I'm buying) and wondered upon seeing the Prada collection if this lace re-emergence is our answer to melancholy for vintage times - modernized and mystical - whatever the reason, I am very happy the trend is back.

No comments: