8/24/2008

Fall Leaves

I have been impulsively buying vintage dresses all summer, most of them are hideous when I find them - I always see some impossible-to-achieve potential in them - so I'm stuck with a lot of work. This dress here I've been working on for mmmmm 5 months. Mostly because I didn't know what to do with the huge overbearing sleeves and the constricting high neck - I finally decided to chop the sleeves into little caps and cut a slight V into the neck. Oh yeah, the dress was calf-length so I cut that off too - can you imagine it that long? God, it was ugly.

I really loved its bright colors when I saw it at the thrift store and the huge pockets--it looks really pretty all on its own, but today I was melancholic for the Fall so I layered it :)









Below I isolated the individual colors to highlight the brightness and for your viewing pleasure :)





Dress: Vintage
Vest: Rogan for Target
Belt: Vintage
Oxford Heels: Michael Kors
Jewelry: Chanel, vintage & Vabene watch

1 comment:

leeselooks said...

lovely.


love the flowery pattern.

you have an amazing eye + such skill to turn these dresses around.