9/28/2008

Little Things


If it seems like I spent the entire weekend shopping it's because I actually did, no, the intermittent rain didn't stop me. The Crafty Bastards Arts & Crafts Fair was very large, and although I felt like half of the shops were selling the same thing I still found some very very special little items and developed a new obsession for ceramic animals.



One of my favorite jewelry shops Imogene from Baltimore

Fluttering Heart Necklace - Sterling Silver with a Gold Filled Heart :)


Sterling Silver Seahorse


I looooooved this shop - kg + ab - it was hard for me to restrain myself from buying every single little thing on the table. I bought one of the little foxes, and a pair of dancing bears :)














Another great store - Tasha McKelvey's clay pieces, I bought the green flower ring below and some yellow leaf porcelain earrings.







My favorite photography shop at the fair - Splut Photo - I also think I saw every guy that walked by stop and childishly stare at the prints wishing they covered all their apartment walls. There's this perfect mixture of comedy, darkness, beauty and satire in Steve Strawn's photographs, they are like nothing I've ever seen before, the complexity of the scenes!! WOW!!


Human Spatter


Chest Shot


Exploded Wine


Doll Deads on Sticks (my personal favorite)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a very good day. Thanks for the very cool writeup. It's nice to be in a venue where people "get" what I am doing.

Steve Strawn